Years of Experience
5 - 7 years
Review all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
· To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan
· Conduct risk assessment of all departments
· Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the CFO and the MD and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
· Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed
· Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development and best practices
· Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved
· Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
· Evaluate regulatory compliance program
· Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and departmentally defined internal audit methodology
· Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with organization standard.
· Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
· Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
· Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit
· Participate in closing meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
· Contributes to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interests of staff by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively
· Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities. Provide value added recommendations to mitigate both project and end state risks
· Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization.
· Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud
· Provide consultative support to branches and departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes
· Collect, co-ordinate and disseminate material for the quarterly Audit Committee meeting
· Support business units through promotion of risk awareness, development of risk profiles, mitigation of risks and effective implementation of agreed action plan.
· Lead Information Security Management System audit and provide management with reports of non-conformities together with Corrective
Qualification & Experience
· First Degree in a relevant discipline preferably Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
· Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
· Eight to ten (10) years’ work experience with at least four (6) years at senior management level
· Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (CIA, CISA or CIMA) would be an added advantage.
· Strong analytical and evaluation ability
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Excellent presentation skills
Compensation & Benefit
· Very Competitive
· Send application to email@example.com (CV + Cover Letter)
· Subject matter: Manager, Audit & Internal Control
· Application ends June 15, 2017